Oh, Ventture’s School Builder and its umpteen possibilities!
We call a bundle of lessons or lectures, courses, right?
Did you know that you could also bundle certain courses and put a price tag on them?
Say, you have courses across multiple categories. Simply create a bundle of all the categories, and sell them each for a much higher price, all at once, instead of making students go through the checkout process for all courses individually.
Take our dummy school “The Sound of Music” for example. We will have courses on Guitar, Piano, Flute, Drums, Singing, Sound Engineering, and so many more.
So, apart from selling our courses individually, we could also create bundles of each category, and sell it in a bunch, thereby, receiving a cumulative payment. Smart, eh?
Let’s see how it’s done in the School Builder, and how it’ll show on your frontend.
First things first, you’ve got to create a bundle of a few courses.
So, start by going to your Courses list from your school’s Sales Dashboard.
Here, you’ll see that we have a total of 4 records, and we’re going to bundle all of them up to sell as a separate product from our school.
For that, we’ll click on the Add Bundle button above towards the top right of the screen.
This will open a popup asking us to enter a name for this bundle.
Now, let’s enter a basic name: “Bundle – Guitar”, since all our current courses are on guitar playing.
As soon as we hit Save, we’ll reach a screen where the system will ask us to add all our available courses from the left hand side to the right hand side.
Now, note that these are courses set at different price points, and we’re clubbing all of them into one shiny new bundle.
FYI; this list will show courses from all the schools that you’ve created using the School Builder, and not just the one you’re in at any time. Since we just have one school and 4 courses right now, that’s all it shows in the screenshot above.
So, without further ado, let’s move all of them from LHS to RHS by clicking on the first arrow.
There you go! Click on Save to move to the next tabs: Sales Page and Sales Video.
Sales Copy and Sales Video
The next few tabs, starting with Sales Copy and Sales Video, are more or less similar to creating a course. Just like you would add a sales copy and video to support your course, you may want to add the same for your bundle too.
Highlight the positives of purchasing this bundle as opposed to buying individual courses, and point out the content, benefits and applications – you know that the sky’s the limit in case of sales pitches.
Just like you would set up pricing for an individual course, you can set up pricing for your bundle by adding a pricing plan. It will, of course, be at a higher price point since, you know, there’s a bunch of courses in it.
Enable/disable necessary toggles and even tweak the layout of this bundle:
- Title and URL: Change the title or default URL of this course bundle by tweaking their dedicated fields.
- User Reviews: Allow students to post reviews/feedback under the detail page of this bundle for better conversions.
- Forced Completion: Want students to mark every lesson under every course as “Complete”? Enable this toggle to ensure that they can’t move to the next lesson without hitting the completion button.
- Set Membership as Default Signup: If you want this bundle to be part of your school’s subscription plan, and want students to sign up for that instead of purchasing this course bundle individually, enable this toggle. Doing so will override the price settings of this bundle, and be replaced by the overall subscription plan that you have created for your school.
- Layout: A basic UI setting for your course bundle detail page, this drop down comes with two options – Centered and Sidebar. If you want the pricing plan to show on the right hand side of the page, choose Sidebar. If, on the other hand, you want it to show below the sales copy and video, keep it Centered.
You may have seen these before, yes. The options under more are exactly the same as that under Course. Refer to our tutorials on managing your course and enabling certification for details on these options.
Click Save, and your brand new bundle is all set and ready to roll!
Let’s click on View Courses at the top right of the screen to go back to our Courses list.
And, just like that, we have a new entrant in the list.
Oooh, can’t wait to check out how it looks on the frontend as part of our school! So, turn the Enable toggle alongside it, and click on the Preview Site button towards the top right of this screen, shall we?
There it is, sitting comfortably along with the rest of our school’s individual courses! Now, either the students can choose to buy each course individually, or they can purchase this 4-course bundle and save some serious money in the process.
Go ahead – fill yours with all sorts of helpful information, and sell a bunch of courses at once without worrying about whether they’re selling individually or not. That’s it about bundles in the School Builder. For any queries, feel free to reach out to our support champs!