It’s a big deal, we know. Deciding to launch your first ever school online. A school where you will shell out the secrets to your learnings that you’ve acquired over the years. And, Ventture’s School Builder lets you do that (and more) with more ease than you could ever imagine.
Creating an online school in the School Builder is an easy-peasy three-step process, courtesy of our straightforward Create Online School Wizard.
Once you finish setting up your school, you’ll then move on to the second leg of your online coaching journey – adding courses. But… we’ll get to that in the later tutorials.
For now, let’s focus on laying the brass tacks to our first school, kay?
So, as soon as you log into your Ventture account, you will see your admin dashboard.
Simply click on Access under Online School to get inside our School Builder.
With that, you will reach the school listing page of your account, where you will see all the different schools you have created.
However, the screen is empty right now because we’re yet to create our very first school. So, how about we change that?
Click on Create New towards the right or Get Started at the bottom, and enter our Create Online School screen.
Step 1: Enter School Details
What would you like to call your school? What currency are the transactions going to be in? What language do you prefer running it in? All those details go here in this section.
For the purpose of this tutorial and the ones that follow, let’s create a sample school on music learning for customers who want to learn to play musical instruments. And, we also have a cool name for it – “The Sound of Music”.
Through this school, we’d like to offer our students courses on guitar, keyboards, flute, etc.
With that, let’s take the fields one by one, shall we?
- School Name: Enter a nice name for your school that will, later, become the brand you will be known for. Ours, for instance, would be “The Sound of Music”.
- School URL: Notice how the field got auto-populated as soon as you put in a school name? This, is the default URL for your school site created in our system. Followed by “.school.ventture.com”, this whole system-generated string will redirect to your school site whenever someone types it in on their browser.
- School Description: Herein comes a small description of what your school is going to be about. If entered, this is shown in the footer of your school website. So stick with a line or two max because of the limited space. For example, for our school, this is what we’d write:
“Has learning a musical instrument always been a dream for you? Learn a wide variety of musical instruments with an elaborate series of courses comprising quality techniques, and hone your hidden skills in music. The Sound of Music aims at spreading the joy of music so that it is accessible to everyone across the globe.”
- Primary Currency: The currency you choose here will reflect under every item you decide to sell on your school. It is the currency you will do all transactions in.
Psst… Be very, very careful in choosing the currency for your school, as you will only choose it once. As soon as you make the first sale, you won’t be able to come back here and switch to a different currency. Alright?
- Select Translation: Fancy running a school in a language other than English? Interestingly enough, our School Builder supports almost every spoken language on the planet. This field lets you select from translations that you may have already created under Utilities. Just create a translation first, and then select the language from the drop-down menu. If not, leave the field as is if you wish to keep it to English.
With that, it looks like Step 1 is complete, and this is how it looks now:
Time to jump to Step 2 and set up payment gateways. Let’s click on Next.
Step 2: Enable Payment Gateways
The School Builder supports three prominent global payment gateways that your prospective students can pay you through – PayPal, Razorpay, and Stripe. Simply enable the Enable toggle against the gateway you want to transact in.
For instance, if we select PayPal or Razorpay, the next thing we’re supposed to do is set it up for our school by clicking on the Settings button.
Doing so opens up a popup asking for your PayPal email. Enter your PayPal email here, and click Save to complete the setup.
In the case of Razorpay, the system will ask you to enter the Live Key IDs that you can fetch from your Razorpay account.
If, on the other hand, you want to enable Stripe, enable the toggle alongside it, and click on the Connect button.
This will take you to the Stripe authentication page, wherein, you will be asked to log in to your Stripe account. Enter the details, and click on “Authorize access to this account”.
….and, with that, the payment gateway setup is complete!
Step 3: Review and Finish Setup
Let’s take a moment to review everything we’ve entered so far, shall we?
Everything looks A-ok! Just in case you want to tweak something, just click on the Back button, and make the change. Since our details look fine here, we’re going to go ahead and click on Finish.
And, with that, we’re done setting up our school on School Builder! Now, for the moment we’ve been waiting for! Is our school ready? Can we see it? Why, of course, we can!
Clicking on Finish in the step above will redirect you to your school’s sales dashboard.
From there, let’s click on Preview Site at the top right corner to see what we’ve created come to life.
“Wait… this doesn’t look like my school.“, “This has Ventture’s logo on it!“, “How can I make this woman on the banner go away?“
Oh, nothing. Just some of the immediate reactions from users just like you! We know, nothing to write home about for now. It’s just the beginning. Your school site has just been created.
But hey, in the later tutorials, we’ll shed light on exactly how to populate this school page with a fleet of courses, brand it as per your liking, and most importantly, prettify it beyond your imagination.
Exciting times ahead – keep reading.