Did you know #1: The School Builder gives you the ability to add external authors to your courses and even co-author them.
Did you know #2: You can make your courses SEO friendly by adding meta titles and meta descriptions.
In the School Builder, we’ve thought of and provided all the ways you would need to solidify your coaching business by managing your courses the right way.
A quick peek at the many tabs under your course will open up a series of options for you to input all sorts of important information on.
Let’s cover all four of these options one after another.
Enable/disable necessary toggles and even tweak the layout of this course.
- Title and URL: Change the title or default URL of this course by tweaking their dedicated fields.
- User Reviews: Allow students to post reviews/feedback under the detail page of this course for better conversions.
- Forced Completion: Want students to mark every lesson under this course as “Complete”? Enable this toggle to ensure that they can’t move to the next lesson without hitting the completion button.
- Set Membership as Default Signup: If you want this course to be part of your school’s subscription plan and want students to sign up for that instead of purchasing this course individually, enable this toggle. Doing so will override the price settings of this course, and be replaced by the overall subscription plan that you have created for your school.
- Layout: A basic UI setting for your course detail page, this drop down comes with two options – Centered and Sidebar. If you want the pricing plan to show on the right hand side of the page, choose Sidebar. If, on the other hand, you want it to show below the sales copy and video, keep it Centered.
Two straightforward options here – Cover Image and Thumbnail.
While the Cover Image option lets you upload a full-blown banner image for your course on the Info page, the Course Thumbnail image is the one that sets this course apart from tens and hundreds of others on your school page.
Wouldn’t it be an amazing feat to have your course rank high on search engines? A great way to start making your course BFFs with search engine optimization is to put in meta details about your course. This way, any user who searches for information under the niche that your course is in, sooner or later, stumbles upon your course.
- Meta title: Your title tag for your course.
- Meta Keywords: All the high-ranking keywords that your course’s content is comprised of go here. Simply separate each keyword with a comma.
- Meta Description: A two- or three-liner description of what your course is about goes here.
Just like a school or any educational institution has multiple teachers and professors, your online school could have its very own faculty with multiple authors operating in it. All you’ve got to do is just add them as an author against the courses that they’ve created!
Just enter their details here and hit Save. This course will immediately start showing that author’s name on the frontend, instead of the default one – yours.
PS: Don’t forget to add a nice picture and a detailed instructor bio for them while you’re at it. #legitimacy
Thazall, folks! Start adding these additional details to your course – wherever applicable – and make it a bestseller on your school.